[arch-general] Broadcom B43 problems

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Wed Mar 6 15:15:11 EST 2013

I have seen some indications that my Broadcom B43 *ought* to work with
the kernel's b43 driver, but I've never managed to get it working on
my own.  I'd love to be able to switch away from the broadcom-wl
package is possible.

Using a kernel from a few days ago, 3.7.9 and the b43-firmware
package from AUR I only get as far as connecting to my router (at
least that's what NetworkManager says), but then I can't actually
connect to any site.  If I then bring down the network and then bring
it back up again the connection to the router will fail
(NetworkManager keeps asking for the password).

Any suggestions on what might be causing this, and what I should try
next?

/M

% lspci -nn|grep Broadcom
03:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY [14e4:4315] (rev 01)

Wireless network uses WPA2

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have
C++ in mind.
     -- Alan Kay