[aur-general] Status of Garuda Linux PKGBUILD on AUR?

Pedro Henrique Lara Campos pedro.laracampos at gmail.com
Wed May 12 20:26:06 UTC 2021

> Some days ago, chaotic keyring - repository of Garuda Linux - was
removed. So, these packages could be remove too.

Please, chaotic-aur is an archlinux-targeted unofficial repository.

GarudaLinux is merely allowed by me to use it for distribution of
packages that will work in any ArchLinux-based setup.
As we also receive contributions for BlackArch, ArcoLinux, and once
received from ArchLinuxCN.

I'll be glad if you don't mention my repository in this, or any other
discussion, as it has nothing to do with AUR or ArchLinux-project as
stated in https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-requests/2021-May/052472.html.

Thanks for the hard work,
Pedro Lara Campos
Chaotic-AUR main maintainer.

Le mer. 12 mai 2021 à 18:45, Ralf Mardorf via aur-general
<aur-general at lists.archlinux.org
>>* On Wed, 12 May 2021 12:07:49 +0200, fredbezies via aur-general wrote:
*>* >I saw that packages meant for Manjaro or another archlinux based
*>* >distro - not ArchLinux itself - were removed.
*>>* Were they removed because they were Manjaro related or for some other
*>* reason?
*
As far as I remember, they were Manjaro related, like mhwd (Manjaro
Hardware Detection) tools or something like this.

*>* What kind of packages are permitted on the AUR?
*>>* The packages on the AUR are merely "build scripts", i.e. recipes to
*>* build binaries for pacman. For most cases, everything is permitted,
*>* subject to usefulness and scope guidelines, as long as you are in
*>* compliance with the licensing terms of the content. For other cases,
*>* where it is mentioned that "you may not link" to downloads, i.e.
*>* contents that are not redistributable, you may only use the file name
*>* itself as the source. This means and requires that users already have
*>* the restricted source in the build directory prior to building the
*>* package. When in doubt, ask." -
*>* https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Arch_User_Repository#FAQ
<https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Arch_User_Repository#FAQ>
*
Well, I'm not sure what to think about them. Some are forks for
manjaro tools (like mhwd). So are they "legal" on AUR?

*>>* Btw. https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/apt/
<https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/apt/>
*
I'm just asking what trusted users think about these packages. Nothing
less, nothing more.

Frederic Beziesfredbezies at gmail.com