[aur-requests] [PRQ#2407] Request Rejected

Muflone webreg at vbsimple.net
Wed Mar 4 13:37:13 UTC 2015

Hi again

>> Maybe I missed (and I cannot find in the archives) the aur-general
>> discussion where the maintainers would abandon their packages in favour
>> of yours, agreeing to the merge, so please send us a link where I can
>> see the whole discussion.
>
> https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2015-February/030300.html
> https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2015-February/030301.html
> https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2015-February/030303.html
> https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2015-February/030309.html
> https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2015-February/030310.html

Real names don't help too much to understand the packages ownerships but
actually on that thread apart those of yours the only messages were from
Gordian Edenhofer and Michele Mocciola and both of them don't seem to me
neither Andrew Fischer nor jedbrown.

Forgive me but there's no point in that thread that let us think that
any of the packagers agree with the merge.

> There were two more replies though, which (due to reasons that are
> beyond my understanding) were not archived. Either their authors or
> other recipients can confirm:
>
> ====================================
>
> 1) Andrew Fischer:
> I'm not a scotch packager so Ill let others comment on the gory
> details. But from the openfoam standpoint this sounds like a great
> idea. I would definitely be onboard.

@Andrew Fischer
If you want to ease the merge, please update your openfoam package to
use the scotch package, obviously after checking that scotch really
provides the proper dependencies.

> 2) Jed Brown:
>> You are right :-) ( i hadn't yet discovered the real power of "provides")
>
> Seems you got a little overzealous because your package is providing
> both ptscotch-mpich2 (a package that doesn't exist) and
> ptscotch-openmpi.

@Jed Brown
do you agree in merging (in other words, to delete) the package
ptscotch-openmpi into the scotch package?

@George Eleftheriou
I don't know how scotch works (and please, as maintainer, don't force us
to understand the internal dependencies between packages) but I must
repeat what I wrote you before: settle with the maintainers this merge
and after that file a new merge request

1) Ask to jedbrown to let us know that he will not maintain anymore the
ptscotch-openmpi package (or better adopt it yourself)

2) Ask to kragacles to update his package to depend on scotch package
(or whatever else you want) instead of ptscotch-openmpi (which will be
deleted after this merge).

Regards

--
Fabio Castelli aka Muflone