as the new dbscripts are quite done I'll send you a list with the most
important changes. (If you are in a hurry read at least the next
* db-update will now update all packages found in your staging dir from
* db-move has now a different syntax:
"<repo-from> <repo-to> <pkgname|pkgbase> ..."
You can move as many packages as you like at once. There is no need
to specify an architecture here.
* The wrapper scripts like testing2core have been removed as they are
no longer needed; use db-move instead
* testing2x now moves both arches at the same time (testing2x64 has
* I have also started a user documentation at
* implementation of a package pool: all packages are now stored in
pool/packages or pool/community directories on the ftp server. The
current repository directories like extra/os/i686 only contain
As a results moving pacakges between repositories is now a matter of
altering symlinks and as such very cheap. This should solve the
problems with not fully synced mirrors we had in the past when a lot
of packages were moved from e.g. testing to extra.
* Packages are only switched to this new layout if they are updated or
moved. This way the migration should be slow but smooth.
* db-move can now handle multiple packages within one "transaction".
* unit tests based on shunit2
* heavy refactoring to share common functions
* Added more integrity checks which are run before the repositories are
* rewritten functions for easier and smaller code
* the scripts can handle other db compressions than gz (but there is no
migration path yet)
Note: even though the result is more or less a rewrite there are still
things that can be improved or new useful features that can be added.
The tests only cover some basic use cases so we should still have a
look at it once the new version is deployed.
I think we should deploy these soon (before Allan's big python rebuild
party) with CLEANUP_DRYRUN enabled during the first days.
Pierre Schmitz, https://users.archlinux.de/~pierre
This is a bugfix/stability release over 3.1.2
Significant changes are:
mapfile now lives in a fixed location which default to
/dev/.mdadm/map but can be changed at compile time. This
choses and most distros provide it during early
boot and preserve it
through. As long a /dev exists and is
writable, /dev/.mdadm will be
Other files file communication with mdmon live here too.
fixes a bug reported by Debian and Gentoo users where
udev would spin in
- IMSM and DDF metadata will not be recognised on
as they should only be used on whole-disks.
Various overflows causes by 2G drives have been addressed.
subarray of an IMSM contain can now be killed with
Also subarrays can be renamed with
- -If (or
--incremental --fail) can be used from udev to
fail and remove from
all arrays a device which has been
unplugged from the system. i.e.
- "mdadm /dev/mdX --re-add missing" will look for
that looks like it should be a member of /dev/mdX but
and will automatically --re-add it
- Now compile with -Wextra
to get extra warnings.
- Lots of minor bug fixes, documentation
Please signoff both arches,
Archlinux Developer & Package Maintainer